12 Amazing Shark Facts
Amazing Shark Facts
- In its lifetime, a shark can have up to 30,000 teeth. They are continuously being replaced and shifted within the mouth.
- Whale sharks can live to be 100 years old.
- Sharks are colorblind.
- Sharks have been in existence for over 400 million years.
- Sharks have no bones in their bodies. They are made of a rubbery tissue called cartilage.
- There are 440 different species of sharks.
- Sharks have a sense called electrosense, which is the ability to sense electric signals. This gives them an advantage when searching for prey.
- Sharks are hypersensitive to pressure changes in the water. They can notice the slightest changes via specialized cells with tiny hairs in them.
- Great white sharks can weigh up to 5,000 pounds.
- Whale sharks are approximately the size of a school bus.
- Tiger sharks, aka the "garbage cans" of the sea, will literally eat anything, which makes them particularly dangerous to humans.
- Sharks can store food in their stomachs for months.
Check out our Great White Shark! https://littlecritterz.com/products/sharks-rays-octopus-great-white-shark
- Julie Hum